STEP 1 of 3
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
SHIRE OF MUNDARING OPEN ART ACQUISITION EXHIBITION 2016
Please read carefully. If you have any questions please contact Clare Stroud on 08 9295 3991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org >
1. EXHIBITION ELIGIBILITY
Any artist or crafts person that currently, or has previously, resided, worked or studied in the Shire of Mundaring is eligible to enter.
2. NON-REFUNDABLE ENTRY FEE
All entry forms must be accompanied by the payment of $22.50 (MAC Members)/ $25 (non MAC Members). NB: The entry fee is per artist, not per artwork
3. EXHIBITION SPECIFICATIONS
- Artworks can be 2D or 3D and of any Medium
- Artworks must be the original work of the artist
- Artworks must be created within the last 12 months
- Recommended size of artworks is under 2m2 and preference may be given to smaller works
- Artists can submit more than one artwork but, owing to space limitations, the Exhibition Selection Committee may select only one artwork for display
All artwork exhibited must be for sale. A 35 % commission will be deducted from the retail price of all work sold.
5. SELECTION PROCESS AND JUDGING
- To be considered for exhibition, artists must provide the Mundaring Arts Centre with an entry form, payment of entry fee and up to three (3) images of each artwork submission by no later than 5pm, Friday 15 January 2016. LATE ENTRIES MAY NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Artists are encouraged to supply clear images of their proposed artworks, preferably in a high resolution digital format. All images should be identified with the artist’s name and title of the artwork, and correspond to the information supplied in the artists Entry Form.
- All artwork submissions will be considered by the Exhibition selection committee. Artists will be notified of the selection process outcomes by no later than 29 January 2016.
- Upon delivery of selected artwork, the Mundaring Arts Centre reserves the right not to display any artwork. Artists whose work is not accepted will be notified before the exhibition opening.
- Final selection for Acquisition will be undertaken by a panel of four: a Shire representative; a Mundaring Arts Centre Board member; an independent, practicing visual artist and the MAC Director
- The panel will choose the artwork(s) to be acquired for the Shire of Mundaring Art Collection and reserve the right to not select any artwork for acquisition. All decisions regarding the selection of artworks are FINAL and no discussion or correspondence shall be entered into regarding the assessment process.
The Mundaring Arts Centre will exercise all reasonable care and will insure the artworks while they are on our premises. However, insurance in transit is the artist’s responsibility.
The Mundaring Arts Centre will allow images of exhibition artworks to be reproduced by the press and media for the purposes of promoting the exhibition, unless advised otherwise by the artist.
8. COLLECTION OF ARTWORKS
All unsold works must be collected between 19 and 22 April 2016. Agents collecting work must have the exhibitor’s signed authorisation.
9. THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
This award is by secret ballot by exhibition visitors. The artist whose artwork receives the highest number of votes will be announced as the winner in April 2016.