Formed in 1979 by a group of dedicated volunteers passionate about providing a focus for arts and culture in the Perth hills, MAC has remained true to its origins.
MAC is a not for profit community arts organisation run by a volunteer Board, dedicated professional staff and a large group of volunteers (including voluntary committees consisting of experts in a variety of arts and culture fields). Currently a Director, Exhibition Administrator, Online Marketing Officer, Finance Administrator and volunteers deliver MAC’s programs. Curators, public program artists and additional staff are regularly employed on short-term contracts as required.
The MAC volunteer board are elected annually at the AGM. The board draws on our community and comprises of arts specialists including arts administrators, curators and artists; financial expertise with a chartered accountant currently treasurer; educators, architects, interior designer and community workers.
MAC maintains good governance processes with regular board and sub-committee meetings, careful consideration of finances and adequate insurances in place.
Over the years, the MAC staff, volunteers and artists have delivered a diverse range of creative arts experiences, engaging thousands of individuals of all interests and ages, annually.
MAC continues to strengthen its services, building on established connections, refining and broadening programming and engaging diverse audiences and artists from across the state, whilst providing a place where West Australian artists can demonstrate their arts practice and sell their creations.
- Actively engages the community in cultural practices
- Provides arts leadership, advocacy and cultural advisory services for individuals and organisations
- Delivers a sustainable, creative business that contributes to the social and economic prosperity of the region and enriches the cultural experience of the community
- Nurtures community involvement and participation, providing a focus for arts and cultural development within the Eastern region
- Engages participants, spectators and creators in transformative arts experiences
- Stimulates increased creativity, imagination, skills and knowledge
- Is recognised nationally and internationally for best practice community arts and excellence in visual arts
- Presents the work of over 170 artists
- Contributes around $700,000 back to our community
- Engages over 4,000 public program participants
- Attracts over 15,000 visitors to the Gallery and Shop in the heart of Mundaring
Mundaring Arts Centre is situated in the heart of the creative hills community of Mundaring, only 40 minutes north east from the Perth CBD, we invite you to visit us soon.